It is important to not use harsh chemicals when cleaning uPVC windows because these chemicals could react with the uPVC and damage the window frames. Also it is vital that you avoid using rough cloths or scouring pads to clean uPVC. If there is a stain the temptation might be to remove the stain with a scouring pad. Avoid this temptation. uPVC scratches easily and what was once a stain will turn into a stain with scratch marks.
If you are unsure about what cleaning product to use on your uPVC window frames then consult your window supplier or an expert. One of the safest and best ways to clean uPVC windows is with a solution of white vinegar and water. Below are instructions for cleaning uPVC windows.
1) Open the windows and vacuum the tracks. Also remove any loose debris and dust.
2) Take a spray bottle and add warm water mixed with white vinegar. Use 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water. Spray the uPVC frames with the solution and leave to sit for 2 minutes.
3) Wipe the uPVC frames with a clean and damp cloth.
4) If you have any scratches to the uPVC frames then apply a PVC gloss using a small paint brush. Remove any excess gloss with a paper towel. Be sure not to get any PVC gloss on the glass. If you do remove with a paper towel.
5) When the PVC gloss is dry, close the windows and spray the glass with a glass cleaner. Dry the glass with a paper towel or old newspaper.
6) Finally, put a mild lubricant and light grease on the opening mechanism.
If you follow these instructions you should continue to have great looking uPVC windows for many years.
Finally, it is worth doing a quick all over check of the uPVC window for any loose parts. If you find any tighten them up. If you follow these instructions just twice a year your uPVC windows will last many years to come.
For quick cleaning baby wipes are recommended because they are gentle and soft.